[R] R_Visible???

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Sep 3 17:34:29 CEST 2008

(possibly an r-sig-debian question ...)

On 2 September 2008 at 16:00, Adrian Martínez Vargas wrote:
| Hello list
|

| I have problems with little (see Debian package, r. instead R), I get an error message relate with the symbol R_Visible, it say that it is unknown.

What version or build?

You may have an old r executable and a newer R library. IIRC since R 2.5.0
R_Visible is no longer exported.

Possible quick fix: apt-get install littler to get a current version, or grab
the sources and rebuild it yourself.

| The same error I got from the Front-off  or IDE for KDE (see debian packages, I really don't remember the name., it is rk... and else)
|

| How to solve this problem???

Probably the same story. One possibility is that you may have Debian versions
of littler and rkward, but a local R -- and so you circumventing the package
management system.

On current (and past) Debian system, the supplied littler and R play along
very nicely.

| What is this symbol (R_Visible) is an internal variable???

Of a certain R vintage, yes.

Dirk