[R] Free SQL Database with R

Felix Mueller-Sarnowski felix at mueller-sarnowski.de
Wed Sep 3 12:36:12 CEST 2008

Hello Chibisi,

I am not shore whether I completely understand your needs: Do you want
to build a webpage which relies on a content management system (cms)? Do
you want to collect data (i.e. survey) which later on shall be analysed
using R? Or shall it be a webpage with an interactive R GUI? What else?

But personally I would prefer MySQL as backend for websites, as most
professional (opensource) cms (i.e. typo3, wordpress etc.) are created
with MySQL in mind.
There is a good interface between R and MySQL called RMySQL as well. I
use this on a daily basis, as all my data is stored in a local MySQL
database (more flexible than always reading in text files - at least in
my opinion).

Hope this personal view might help a little bit.

Cheers,
Felix