[R] Oblique decision tree using mvpart

Clusty sandro.saitta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:14:24 CEST 2008

First, thanks for your answer.
I find the description of mvpart package quite short:

"Wrapper function for fitting and plotting rpart models "

Then, I thought that mvpart was the package which seems closest to what I
would like to do (i.e. oblique decision tree also named multivariate
decision tree). However, as you pointed out, it is the answer which is
multivariate in the mvpart package.

> Thus, this is for multivariate *responses*, not for multivariate splits.

So, to your knowledge, there is no R package for multivariate splits (i.e.
oblique decision trees)?

Thanks.
Sandro.