[R] statistical advice

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed Sep 3 20:57:58 CEST 2008

I have had luck using the circular and the CircStats packages to look at sleep related data.  I have fit mixtures of vonmeises distributions to time of occurance responses (have not looked at duration with time of occurance).  There are also tools for doing regression models with circular responses (time of day) and either linear or circular predictors.  If you want to use a circular predictor to predict a non-circular response then there are tools for doing periodic splines which work in that case.

Hope this helps,  If you give more detail of what you want to accomplish (either in the mailing list, or offline), then we/I can give more detail.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org