[R] Binary Tree Testing in "ape" package (a bug?)

Christoph Heibl christoph.heibl at gmx.net
Thu Sep 4 08:45:00 CEST 2008

If I am right informed, 'is.binary.tree' cannot test for root
polytomies.

Consider this example:

tree.hiv <- read.tree(text="((rat,mouse,(human,chimp)), kangaroo);")
is.binary.tree(tree.hiv) 		# will yield 'FALSE'

For further questions you might be better advised to use the 'R-sig-
phylo' mailing list.

Christoph Heibl

Systematic Botany
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München