[R] Correct for heteroscedasticity using car package

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 4 16:20:00 CEST 2008

Dear Roman,

You can use the coefficient-covariance matrix returned by hccm() for
calculating "corrected" standard errors for the coefficients. Alternatively,
if you know the pattern of heteroscedasticity [as you probably do if you
used ncv.test()], you could try to correct for it by a transformation of the
response variable or by weighted-least-squares estimation.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology