[R] R_USER - in which file should I include it?

Eduardo M. A. M.Mendes emammendes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 01:10:18 CEST 2008

Hello

I am a newbie.  I had my R upgraded from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2 and in doing so I
decided to install all 2.7 versions under c:\program files\R\2.7 from now
on (2.7.1 is located under .\2.7.1)

Although I don't like the idea (I am running Vista), I have edited
etc\Renviron.site to contain:

R_USER=c:/Users/eduardo/Documents/R
R_LIBS_USER=c:/Users/eduardo/Documents/R/win-library/2.7

As far as R starting always from the same location, that is,
c:/Users/eduardo/Documents/R, etc\Renviron.site didn't help.  So I wonder
whether someone from the list could help me to:

a) force R to start always from the same location
b) force R to install all new packages in the same location

Many thanks

Ed

PS. Before sending this email, I read windows FAQ and browsed the archives
(too many posts in the subject!).