[R] exporting tapply objects to csv-files

Kunzler, Andreas a.kunzler at bzaek.de
Tue Sep 9 10:48:09 CEST 2008

Dear Everyone,

I try to create a cvs-file with different results form the table function.

Imagine a data-frame with two vectors a and b where b is of the class factor.

I use the tapply function to count a for the different values of b.

tapply(a,b,table)

and I use the table function to have a look of the frequencies as a total

table(a)

I would like to put both results together in one txt or csv file that I can import to e.g. Excel.

The export file should have a layout like

1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (possible values of a)
3,6,7,8,8,8,1 (Counts of a total)
1,2,3,4,5,3,0 (Counts of a where b==A)
2,4,4,4,3,5,1 (Counts of a where b==B)

I tried to change the class of the table result to a matrix but I could not find a way to use the results of tapply. I use tapply because b has 15 different values.

Thanx

Andreas Kunzler
Bundeszahnärztekammer (BZÄK)
Chausseestraße 13