[R] Convex optimization in R?

Ravi Varadhan RVaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Sep 11 16:10:16 CEST 2008

Ken Lange's MM `algorithm' is a possibility for these non-smooth,, convex
problems. It has been implemented in `constrOptim' for handling linear
inequality constraints in the minimization of smooth objective functions.  I
have extended this to nonlinear inequalities.  It can be further extended
for convex functions, if one can come up with a smooth function that
majorizes the convex objective function.  This can be easily done for the
absolute value function.

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu