[R] Truncating dates (and other date-time manipulations)

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:32:06 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Whit Armstrong
<armstrong.whit at gmail.com> wrote:
> probably not pre-canned routines for that, but very easy to implement
> with the tools provided in the library.
>
> Looks like most of what you want to do is fairly simple and not worth
> the trouble of involving c++.
>
> but things like month_durations and year_durations make it clear that
> the authors have been really thorough in their design:

Yes, the boost package looks very well designed.  My main qualm would
be it only adds to the multitude of date time packages: its, xts, tis,
chron, zoo, not to mention the plethora of date time formats: Date,
POSIXlt, POSIXct, chron, ...

It's hard to know which package does what.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/