[R] Truncating dates (and other date-time manipulations)

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 04:43:30 CEST 2008

> The problem is trying to force everything into Date class.  If you really
> want a monthly series you probably want yearmon rather than Date
> class

Could you give a bit more detail about why you think this is the best
way to proceed?  To me, it seems like it's easiest to have one date
class which you use regardless of the underlying accuracy of the
series (obviously in a date class the lowest level of discrimination
will be a single day).

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/