[R] Creating data frame from existing data frame

2k3autococker forshizzletheestablishmentizzle at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 05:56:35 CEST 2008

I'm new to R, using it for an engineering stats class, and the first project
is focused on creating data frames and plotting graphs. So far I have
imported a set of data from a text file and saved it as a variable (using
the read.table() function). One of the columns of the data consists of
years, and I'm supposed to create a data frame that only consists the the
date from one given year (ie. I need to scan the Year column, pick out the
specific year, and include those rows). I'm pretty sure I have to use
data.frame() to do this, but I don't know what arguments would pick out rows
from a particular year (and keep the headers of the columns intact in the
new data frame). Beyond this, I need to plot it and export it to an image
file, which I can do myself.

Can someone please tell me the arguments to data.frame() that would achieve
this (or better yet, point me to a good list of functions and arguments in
addition to this).

Thanks for your help,

Josh