[R] Problem with misclass function on tree classification

Meir Preiszler pmeir at Itamar-Medical.com
Sun Sep 14 09:47:58 CEST 2008

I am working through Tom Minka's lectures on Data Mining and am now on Day 32. The following
is the link: http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~tpminka/courses/36-350.2001/lectures/day32/
In order to use the functions cited I followed the instructions as follows:

Installed tree package from CRAN mirror (Ca-1)
Downloaded and sourced the file "tree.r"
Downloaded the function "clus1.r"

Having defined a tree "tr, when I write "misclass(tr,x$test)" as shown in the link
I get an error message that "R does not find the function pred1.tree".

 Is this function included in the tree package? If so it was not in my download. Is this a bug?
Do you know of a fix?

Thanks for your help
Meir

 <<clus1.r>>  <<tree.r>>

Meir Preiszler - Research Engineer
I t a m a r M e d i c a l Ltd.
Caesarea, Israel:
Tel: +(972) 4 617 7000 ext 232
Fax: +(972) 4 627 5598
Cell: +(972) 54 699 9630
Email: pmeir at itamar-medical.com
Web: www.Itamar-medical.com

 This E-mail is confidential information of Itamar medical Ltd. It may also
  be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward,
  disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error,
  please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender
  immediately by return E-mail. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed
  to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept
  liability for any errors or omissions. Before printing this email ,
  kindly think about the environment.       Itamar Medical Ltd. MIS Yan Malgin.