[R] string functions

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 20:17:43 CEST 2008

Try this:

 help.search(keyword = "character", package = "base")

Then read each of the pages listed to get info on the indicated command
plus related commands also described on those pages (but not necessarily
listed in the help.search list).

You might also want to look at the gsubfn package and its vignette (i.e. its pdf
document).  The gsubfn and strapply commands in that package can be used for
certain parsing tasks.  Its home page is at:
http://gsubfn.googlecode.com