[R] randomly sample within clustered data?

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Mon Sep 15 09:56:06 CEST 2008

Something like this?

do.call("rbind",
	lapply(
		split(Dataf, Dataf$id),
		function(x){
			x[sample(seq_len(nrow(x)), size=2), ]
		}
	)

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey