[R] Scaling X axis from -1 to 1

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 04:36:51 CEST 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:49 PM, Gundala Viswanath wrote:

> Dear Jim,
>
> I cannot find the function "rescale".
> Does it belong to any particular package?
>
> - Gundala Viswanath
> Jakarta - Indonesia

Marc's plotrix theory certainly looks probable, but a Google search
also produced:

<http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Lemon-kickstart/rescale.R>

... and for some reason Google did not rank a link to the plotrix
package highly enough to be on the first two pages. Appears that the
two functions handle exception trapping somewhat differently. The
material in Kickstarting-R looks top-notch for us beginners.

R Site Search produced quite a few other rescale() or rescale work
alikes.

--
David Winsemius
Heritage Labs