[R] Setting user colors in barchart

Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk
Tue Sep 16 18:44:08 CEST 2008

> Thank you for a clear example, it works. I tried to play with
> superpose.polygon before to no avail, this clarifies things.

You're welcome.

> Another question: would you know how to add gridlines to the plot?
> I'd like to have a few horizontal gridlines on my barchart plot for
> better readability. Do I have to write a wrapper for panel.barchart?

Probably, but it's not as bad as it sounds.  To reuse the previous
example:

barchart(yield ~ site,
  groups=variety,
  data = barley,
  panel=function(...){panel.barchart(...); panel.grid(v=0, ...)})

(The v=0 argument stop vertical grid lines being drawn.)

Regards,
Richie.

Mathematical Sciences Unit
HSL