[R] Converting Geo-Coordinates Unities

James Muller james.s.muller at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 18:48:31 CEST 2008

I'd recommend just using a simple function for this particular thing,
and then use proj4 for complicated geographical transforms. This is
such an elementary operation it's not worth getting involved proj4,
which, as far as I'm aware, doesn't bother doing what you're wanting
anyway.

Now, proj4. What other sorts of transformations are you likely to be
doing? Do you know the ins-and-outs of projections and datums?

If not, you'll really need to learn something about these in order to
use proj4 correctly.

James