[R] Help with Profiling Memory Use in R with summaryRprof

JL Davis jldavis0 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:49:06 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am a new user of R currently trying to profile memory usage of some
R code with summaryRprof in R version 2.7.2 in Windows.  If I use the
memory = "both" option in summaryRprof(), I have no problems viewing
the profiling of both the time and memory usage.  However if I try to
use memory = "stats," I get the following error:

Error in tapply(1:4369L, list(index = c("source:eval.with.vis",
"source:eval.with.vis",  :
  arguments must have same length

Furthermore, if I set memory to "tseries," I receive the following error:

Error in data.frame(..., check.names = FALSE) :
  arguments imply differing number of rows: 4369, 9369

I enabled profiling by setting memory.profiling = TRUE in the call to
Rprof().  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions on ways
to go about fixing this error?

Thanks for your time,

JL Davis