[R] unix-type commandline keystrokes in the windows RGUI

mfrumin michael at frumin.net
Wed Sep 17 15:26:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am generally quite fond of the unix commandline keystrokes (e.g. searching
back in your history with [CTRL]-R, and cutting/pasting with [CTRL]-K/Y)
which work in the R commandline in *nix.  Does anyone know if there's any
way to get similar functionality in the Windows RGUI?

I know that as of now, [CTRL]-A and -E do the same as unix (beginning and
end of line) and [CTRL]-Y does a paste, but [CTRL]-K crops from the cursor
to the end of the line but doesn't put the text into the clipboard.  the
most important thing I want is the [CTRL]-R functionality which is so poorly
approximated by pressing the up arrow a million times.

I've searched on the archives and didn't find anything about this.   Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike