[R] how to extend the whisker in boxplot?

cathelf cathelf at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:48:57 CEST 2008

Hi, Sorry for bothering your guys. I am still working on boxplot.

How can I extend the whisker to the 5% and the 95% quantiles? What I should
do if I only want to show the most extreme outlier, like 0.01%  and 99.99%
percentiles?

I saw something on boxplot.stat, but I even donot know how to connect it to
boxplot?

Thank you very much!

suppose the follow is the data to make the boxplot.
a <- c(1:100, 800, 900, 1000, -800, -900, -1000)