[R] Odp: Fatal error .RData

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Sep 18 16:51:27 CEST 2008

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 18.09.2008 15:41:07:

> We are using R in our class. One student claims to
> be receiving the message
>
> "Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData"

I sometimes get such message when I save .RData with some nonstandard
packages loaded and trying to open R with those packages not loaded.
Especially when I work on one machine then save data transfer them on
other machine.

Then it is worth to rename .Rdata, open R, load packages and open renamed
data.

Regards
Petr