[R] detecting null values in a CSV file

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 18 19:28:48 CEST 2008

What have you tried this far?  Can't you parse them as missing values,
i.e. NAs?   See ?read.csv and arguments '...', i.e. the arguments
'...' are passed to read.table() which takes argument 'na.strings' - a
character *vector* of strings that you want to be interpreted as NAs.
See ?read.table for more details.

My $.02

Henrik