[R] Use of colour in plots

Steve Murray smurray444 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:14:01 CEST 2008

Hi Thierry and all,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I've given it a go and played around with the transparency values, but seem to be having a problem in that some of the red values are made transparent, even though there are no green values being overplotted!

The code I used to display the image was:

ggplot(Jan, aes(x = Jan[,4], y = Jan[,5], colour = factor(Jan$Urban.Rural> 1.25))) +
geom_point() + scale_colour_manual(values = c(alpha("red",1/10),
"green"))

Do you have any ideas to put me on the right tracks with this?

Thanks again for your help,

Steve

>>> Belgium
>>> tel. + 32 54/436 185