[R] R on a eeepc 901 ?

Agustin Lobo aloboaleu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 19:05:07 CEST 2008

Sigbert,

When I do:
apt-get install ksmserver kicker

I get a message stating that there is no header in
the package (Xandros came in Spanish, so I have to translate
the message, which is not easy)

Aterwards, I have to Edit sources.list file and create
a preferences file. As the repositories that are mentioned
in
http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=getting-started:installation:eeepc

are for the 701, I don't think this is safe, I could just get wrong
updates and screw up everything.

The page states
"If anyone has experiences with a EEE PC 901 then please add them here! "
which means that these directions are not for 901. I'm willing to try,
but would need someone to guide me. Probably it's just a matter of
setting the appropriate repositories and priorities for the 901

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster