[R] ggplot2 and lattice

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 23:02:48 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:27 PM, stephen sefick <ssefick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am in the process of learning lattice graphics and have looked at
> ggplot2 a little.  I would like to know if there is a "tutorial" that
> shows how to convert lattice code into ggplot code and vise versa.  I
> am finally discovering the power of these two packages and would like
> suggestions to lessen my learning curve.

No, but it is on my to do list.  I have this page,
http://had.co.nz/ggplot/vs-lattice.html, from a previous version of
ggplot, but most of the code no longer works.  It would be helpful if
you would look at the lattice examples and let me know what is
missing.  It wouldn't be much work to update it for ggplot2.

> I could not find a straight
> foward answer on the internet (I may have not looked far enough) to
> what a parralelle plot is used for.

A parallel coordinates plot?

Hadley

--