[R] Manage huge database

José E. Lozano lozalojo at jcyl.es
Mon Sep 22 09:49:09 CEST 2008

Hello, Yihui

> You can treat it as a database and use ODBC to fetch data from the CSV
> file using SQL. See the package RODBC for details about database
> connections. (I have dealt with similar problems before with RODBC)

Thanks for your tip, I have used RODBC before to read data from MSAccess and
MSExcel files, but never I imagined it could work for non-database files
such as csv.

I will check the RODBC documentation.

Best Regards,
Jose Lozano

Jose E. Lozano Alonso
Observatorio de Salud Pública.
Direccion General de Salud Pública e I+D+I.
Junta de Castilla y León.
Direccion: Paseo de Zorrilla, nº1. Despacho 3103. CP 47071. Valladolid.