[R] Installing R 2.7.2 on Windows with /LOADINF flag doesn't do anything

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 11:27:56 CEST 2008

Hi

I want to install R from a script, so am following
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#Can-I-customize-t
he-installation_003f.

I first installed R with the /SAVEINF="r_install_config.txt" flag and it
created a nice text file for me - perfect.

I then uninstalled R, and re-installed from DOS with:

R-2.7.2-win32.exe /LOADINF="r_install_config.txt"

Windows loaded up the installer anyway, and even worse, none of the
options I had changed were set in the installer, they were still the
defaults.

Am I using that flag incorrectly?!

Thanks
Mick