[R] gbm error

jtf2076 john.froeschke at tamucc.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:02:00 CEST 2008

Darrin, what version of R are you using have the same question.  I have been
using the gbm package without problem with R 2.7.1. but I recently switched
computers and downloaded 2.7.2.  I used the following code, which works fine
on my old computer with 2.7.1 but I get an error with the new version.

> fin.tc5.lr01 <- gbm.step(data=fin,
+     gbm.x = 7:14,
+     gbm.y = 24,
+     family = "bernoulli",
+     tree.complexity = 5,
+     learning.rate = 0.01,
+     bag.fraction = 0.5)
Error: could not find function "gbm.step"