[R] Creating a Legend

Steve Murray smurray444 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:56:50 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I'm trying to create a legend for my graph. I hope to have the title as "Land Use Type" and the two elements being "Urban" and "Rural" with a red point and green point respectively. So far I have the following command, but obviously it isn't correct:

> legend("topright", title="Land Use Type", cex=0.75, pch=16, col="red","Urban"&"green","Rural", ncol=2)

As you can see, I'm a bit confused as to how to deal with the point colours and associated text.

Also, how would I make the associated text ("Urban" and "Rural") smaller than the title?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Steve