[R] lower / upper case letters in a plot

Adaikalavan Ramasamy a.ramasamy at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 16:29:21 CEST 2008

An example would help.

You generally control the titles using arguments like main, xlab, ylab,
sub in the plotting functions or afterwards using title() function. You
can get the upper/lower case using toupper()/tolower() functions. See
help(par), help(title), help(tolower). Here is an example:

string <- "My x-axis corresponding to something"
plot( rnorm(10), xlab=toupper(string) )

Regards, Adai