[R] Graphics winder keeps disappearing!

Gough Lauren lgxlg1 at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 25 14:24:17 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I am a very new user to R (for windows) (since Monday!) so please excuse
me if I am asking an obvious question!

I am experiencing some problems with the graphics window - in short, it
keeps disappearing.  i.e. I can type

> x<-c(1,3,6,4,9)
> plot(x)

No errors are produced, but not graphics window appears either.

The graphics window tends to work if I plot graphs immediately after
opening R, but after I have had R open for a while and have run several
functions/loaded datasets it stops appearing.

Does anyone know why this is, I am a little confused!

Many thanks

Lauren

PhD student
School of Geography