[R] OHLC Plot with EMA in it

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Sep 25 15:57:26 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 03:44:21PM +0200, Michael Zak wrote:
> I have some timeseries data which I plot in a OHLC Plot. In the same
> plot I'd like to have the EMA of this timeseries. I tried to add the EMA
> point to OHLC with lines(), but this doesn't work. Has anyone an idea how
> to handle it?

Quick guess:  Your transformation from priceData to EMA(priceData)
changed the x-axis data representation. Maybe you moved from times to
observation count.  Make sure it remains the same, and your good.

For a simple solution directly in R, look up my bollinger bands
examples on the R Graph Gallery page.

For a high-end solution, look at the quantmod package and the quantmod
site.

Lastly, the question really belongs on the r-sig-finance list which
you should subscribe to in order to post.

Dirk