[R] Return a list

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Sep 26 22:46:10 CEST 2008

But why do this? Just leave the (preferably named) variables as list
components and work with them there.

1. ?comment tells you how to add a comment attribute to the list for self
documentation (what were the components? how are they related? etc.)

2. ?with  shows you how to access the components of the list individually in
the "usual" way.

3. ?lapply and friends shows you how to "loop" over list components .

etc.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter