[R] Using the mcmcsamp function

Parry Clarke parry.clarke at uleth.ca
Sat Sep 27 15:06:04 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm building a couple of mixed models using the lmer function.
The actual modelling is going well, but doing some reading on the use of
crossed random effects and the comparison of models with and without
random effects it is clear that I need to generate some Markov Chain Monte
Carlo samples. However, I'm struggling because everyone time I go to
generate a sample I get the following error:

'Error in .local(object, n, verbose, ...) : Update not yet written'

Can anyone tell me what this means and how I can resolve it, I'm using R.
2.7.2 and updated 'lme4' yesterday

The code I use is as follows:

model<-lmer(FemApp~MaleWith+(1|MaleID)+(1|FemID),poisson,data=Compliance)

mcmp<-mcmcsamp(model3, n= 1000)

Thanks in advance

Parry