[R] multiple plots - editing ggplot2 plot

Pedro Barros pedro.barros at fao.org
Sat Sep 27 17:20:54 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to build a composite plot, with multiple categories, using
ggplot2.

In principle, it could be done using facetting, but I do not seem to be able
to get past the defaults, so I try building each plot separately, then
putting them all together using frameGrob and placeGrob.
For this, I need to know how to:
1) format the legend with a different layout (e.g 2 rows by 2 columns,
rather than using the vertical orientation only;
2) draw the numbers on top of the bars (the issue is locating the bars, of
course);
3) extract the definition of the axes (scales, with breaks and labels) from
the individual plots

I am attaching an image describing what I would like to achieve. The quality
is low, to avoid consuming too much of your bandwidth.
I would appreciate any pointers.
Thanks,
Pedro http://www.nabble.com/file/p19703615/MultiPlotDesign.jpg
MultiPlotDesign.jpg