[R] Dream of a wiki GUI for R

freerow freerow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:02:01 CEST 2008

Hi ohri:

Thanks for your introduction of knol. I am testing it now. I can't
google out the "Google Docs plugin for sending R output directly to
the Docs". Is it something like R(D)COM?

My point is to adopt html FORM elements (input boxes, checks,...) into
any wiki platform. R-php, R-cgi or others now provide convenient
server sides. The aim is scarcely to teach R or statistical
procedures, but to help lay end users to reach transparent statistical
results without bothering who, or whether R, or how it is doing the
server side job.

Google docs' FORM "file-type" feeds result into a google spreadsheet.
If such a form and its result page could be implemented in a wiki page
side by side, with R functions support,  it is my dream.

Does anybody see a wiki page with an interacting input box? or with
javascript or any scripts to be collaborated in a wiki style?

Xiaoxu