[R] ggplot 2 - editing in the "panel_1_1" viewport

Pedro Barros pedro.barros at fao.org
Mon Sep 29 17:46:07 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to find out how to access the components of a ggplot plot, and I
found this reply from Paul Murrel
http://www.nabble.com/navigating-ggplot-viewports-tt14826352.html#a15056223.
I tried it, and it works.
However, I am trying to develop some functions that will do the drawing
"automatically", and usually I will not know the full name of the grob that
has the layout vp, like "plot.gtree.76". Is there a way that I can repeat
the same process, without going through the grid.ls step?

Thanks,
Pedro