[R] Doubt(load large amount of data) -reg

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:00:07 CEST 2009

I assume that you mean a file sie of 566MB?  Is this the size of the
text file?  If so how is the text file structured?  What type of
system are you running?  How much physical memory do you have?  What
kind of processing do you want to do with the data?  Do you have to
have all of it at once?  For example, if this is a text file with
numeric data (assume 7 digits per value), then you would need about
566MB to store a single copy of the object.  If you want to process
it, I would suggest at least 4X your largest object in physical
memory.  You could also consider using a data base to store and access
the data.

You need to provide a little more information to get a suggestion.