[R] Need Advice on Matrix Not Positive Semi-Definite with cholesky decomposition

stenka1 at go.com stenka1 at go.com
Wed Apr 1 16:46:43 CEST 2009

   Neil,
   pls  tell why do you need the correlation matrix? if you are trying to
   simulate correlated variables then you can go around the cholesky by using
   svd.
   if you really need the correlation ( I think it is always possible to avoid
   it  )  then Rmetrics have a function to turn your matrix into positive
   semi-definite.
   you can also consider a factor model which will reduce the dimensionality
   tremendously.
   Stephen C. Bond