[R] Plots of envfit (vegan) - placing of vector labels

Jan Thiele Jan.Thiele at uni-muenster.de
Thu Apr 2 11:49:51 CEST 2009

Dear R folks

While preparing figures of 'envfit' plots with vegan for publication, I
ran into a layout problem, that I found no solution for in the
literature or the help archive:

The labels of the vectors that indicate correlations of environental
variables sometimes overlap with each other or with other content of the
figure. Hence, I would like to rearrange them.

Is there a possibility to specify where the vector labels are plotted
or, alternatively, is it possible to plot vectors only, so that the
labels can be placed with 'text' later?

Thank you for any hints on how to overcome this layout problem.

Cheers

Jan Thiele

Jan Thiele
WWU Münster
Institut für Landschaftsökologie
Angewandte Landschaftsökologie / Ökologische Planung
Robert-Koch-Str. 28
48149 Münster
Tel.: +49(0)251 83-30113
E-mail: Jan.Thiele at uni-muenster.de