[R] Retrieving the context

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Apr 2 13:37:20 CEST 2009

Example:

see_context <- function(word, data, context) {
     dat <- data$strings
     temp <- grep(paste("^", word, "$", sep=""), dat)
     if(length(temp))
         index <- lapply(temp, function(x) seq(max(0, x - context),
min(x + context, length(dat))))
     sapply(index, function(x) paste(dat[x], collapse=" "))
}
see_context("is", mydf, 1)
see_context("is", mydf, 2)

Uwe Ligges