[R] Constrined dependent optimization.

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu Apr 2 17:48:31 CEST 2009

  Just a quick thought: if you have the locations
of the items along a line segment (the "warehouse"),
can you find a way to formulate the problem so that
the average distances represent a matrix calculation
(i.e., multiply some huge matrix by the locations)
then it's a linear problem ...

  It's too bad there aren't more operations researchers
on this list -- I'm sure they do this sort of thing
all the time ...