[R] Linear model, finding the slope

Melissa2k9 m.mcquillan at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Apr 3 11:50:47 CEST 2009

Hi

for some data I working on I am merely plotting time against temperature for
a variable named filmclip. So for example, I have volunteers who watched
various film clips and have used infared camera to monitor the temperature
on their face at every second of the clip.

The variable names I have used are Normalised ( for the temperature) and
Frame (for the time in seconds).

So I have fitted a linear model

model<-lm(Normalised~Frame,data=All,subset=((Subject==1)&(Filmclip=="Whatever")

and coef(model)

gives me an intercept value and a value for the slope. Now what I want to do
is find out if the slope is significant or not. So far I just have values
such as 0.02211 for example and have no idea if this is to be interpreted as
significant or not.

Sorry if I haven't been clear but any advice on how to find out what values
are significant would be greatly appreciated.