[R] Geometric Brownian Motion Process with Jumps

Ravi Varadhan RVaradhan at jhmi.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:57:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

The error message is clear in that the gradient cannot be evaluated at your
starting value for the parameters.

Is your likelihood a smooth function of parameters?  If so, then provide a
different starting value. If it is not smooth, then you may have to use a
method that does not depend on gradients, such as Nelder-Mead.

Can you provide a reproducible example, which would help us dig deeper into
your problem?

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu