[R] Linear model, finding the slope

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Fri Apr 3 23:19:29 CEST 2009

I'm not sure what you are doing when you "Normalize."  Would you explain?

To see if the slope is significant, look at the model summary, in your
example:

summary(model)

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On
Behalf Of Melissa2k9
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 5:51 AM
To: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: [R] Linear model, finding the slope

Hi

for some data I working on I am merely plotting time against temperature for
a variable named filmclip. So for example, I have volunteers who watched
various film clips and have used infared camera to monitor the temperature
on their face at every second of the clip.

The variable names I have used are Normalised ( for the temperature) and
Frame (for the time in seconds).

So I have fitted a linear model

model<-lm(Normalised~Frame,data=All,subset=((Subject==1)&(Filmclip=="Whateve
r")

and coef(model)

gives me an intercept value and a value for the slope. Now what I want to do
is find out if the slope is significant or not. So far I just have values
such as 0.02211 for example and have no idea if this is to be interpreted as
significant or not.

Sorry if I haven't been clear but any advice on how to find out what values
are significant would be greatly appreciated.