[R] Basic doubts on the use of several script files in R batch mode

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 4 11:54:42 CEST 2009

Le vendredi 03 avril 2009 à 22:30 +0200, mcnda839 at mncn.csic.es a écrit :
> I already searched for information regarding the batch file operations
> within R. But I could not locate the information I need.
>
> Basically I have a doubt regarding the procedures on the batch use of
> several script files (*.R).
> How can I do this?
> How can I define the order of files?
>
> My intention is to programme openings, math operations and savings of
> *.Rdata sessions, but in a sequential manner.

>From the top of my limbic system :

$ cat file1 file2 file3 > R --vanilla --no-save
# Of course, file3 should call save.image() at some convenient place

Another, slightly more "correct" solution would be a batch job doing the
relevant R CMD BATCH invocations

See also the littler package, which allows to use R as a shell language.
I don't know zilch about it ...

HTH

					Emmanuel Charpentier