[R] unicode only works with a second one

Thomas Steiner finbref.2006 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 12:14:30 CEST 2009

Hi Greg and Paul,

I tried several things, but I did not succeed:

* I could not find the library(EBImage) on CRAN in Austria to open an
png image in R.

* I could not import the image via pixmap (read.pnm) as described on
http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:graphics-misc:translucency
because my GIMP cannot write pnm format.

* I could not manage use the 'grImport' package to trace the svg:
> readPicture("Aries.svg")
Fehler in readPicture("Aries.svg") :
  Version mismatch: RGML file needs to be recreated with PostScriptTrace()

* I gave up modifiying the svg code from wikipedia to make it an R
array (structure) as you greg described it above.

If you have any hint for me please let me know. I am willing to
contribute something to TeachingDemos (although I am not sure if this
is not a license problem as I trace the (public domain) images from
wikimedia.

Otherwise I am happy with the Hershey fonts so far.
Thomas