[R] Eclipse and StatET Howto (also added Subversion, Rtools)

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Apr 5 17:25:08 CEST 2009

Ken-JP wrote:

> Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>> Hum.. Fedora 9 doesn't have it either.
>>
>> It does have /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt though, so please check whether it
>> has moved. I'm curious as to why (only) R/tcltk would be confused by
>> this sort of thing.
>>

> If you check here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/300935
>
> You will find many other unhappy apps:
> emacs
> xterm
> vnc
> freeNX
> netpbm
> x3270
> stage
>
> and any others that uses names in place of rgb codes for X11.
>
> Like one of the posters said, I don't care for arguing whether or not the
> file should be made obsolete or not.  All I know is, removing it breaks some
> very basic programs.
>
> - Ken

OK, now I get it. Apparently, some people believe that because "yellow"
does not internationalize, everyone should use "#ffff00" which is
equally cryptic in all languages....

Still not sure what the exact Tk angle is. Looks like tk8.5 has
internalized the color table. Other applications have just copied
rgb.txt to some place where they can find them.