[R] line argument in mtext for axis ?

Annette Heisswolf annette.heisswolf at utu.fi
Mon Apr 6 10:56:56 CEST 2009

Hei,

As far as I understand your question, you might want to check the settings of par(mgp), which has three elements. According to ?par mgp sets
  "The margin line (in mex units) for the axis title, axis labels and axis line. Note that mgp[1] affects title whereas mgp[2:3] affect
axis. The default is c(3, 1, 0)." According to ?axis the value of par("mgp")[2] is used to place the tick labels. Thus, changing the default
to the value of your choice might do what you want.

Hope that helps,
Annette

--
Annette Heisswolf